Below is a comparison table I prepared for various PGP programs of IIM Ahmedabad
|IIM Ahmedabad Courses|
|Min Workexp||0||4 years||3 years|
The recently introduced ePGP is an online MBA program aimed at working professionals. It confers alumni status, but without the placement support. So for those seeking the brand, they can get it if they otherwise qualify for admission and manage to complete the program. As per the training partner Hughes Education https://www.hugheseducation.com/iim-ahmedabad/epgp
- pedagogy followed for the program will be on blend of lectures, case studies, online lectures, projects, peer to peer learning, self- learning and simulations. Mentoring by faculty and access to learning resources of IIMA will also be made available.
While the education quality and peer group interaction will doubtless be good, the question is whether it is worth the investment or not. In my view
- the admission criteria is nowhere as rigourous as the mainstream MBA. So the signalling effect is lost.
- Can a working professional really spare these many days this often? Needs real discipline
- Lack of placement support will encourage companies to sponsor this(considering even a MDP costs 0.5-1lakh, this is way more value for money), but lower value to the candidate
What else is an option
- Focussed courses with Certification Track in Udemy/Coursera/HBS/Wharton-Approx Cost between $10-$100 excluding certification cost
- Networking Groups
- In person training of hard skills like financial modelling